Thursday, January 19, 2012

US Open Returns to Maine

Mark your calander. The US Open Kyokushin Tournament is returning to Maine this May 23rd at Sunday River Resort in Newry Maine. Stay tunes for more details or call 207.890.6724 or email mkka12@yahoo.com

Here in Maine we have a lot to do before that tournament comes up. This month we are having an Inter-school tournament for beginners. This inter-school tourny will introduce newbies to the tournament edicuitte, what to expect when they get there, what the ref is saying, general rules of the fight.

In March we will be headed to North Carolina for a Tourament that is structured for New and Beginner fighters. (I think I will be coaching)


In April we are hoping to car pool over to the other side of the country, Seatlle, for a tournment with our cousin organization.

Ending up in May with our tournament.

Summer time will mean summer camp. For one low price we stay at a boarding school, eat great food and train 8 hours a day with the greatest teachers. I can't wait for that to happen.

As I get more word on details I will post them.

I do not know when my tournament in Japan is for sure, I think it is in the Fall.