Last year when I got the personal training from the YMCA, Rachel showed me this ab exercise. I was kind of afraid that it would seem a bit girly. These guys come in to hit stuff and sweat. They really liked this one
Swiss Ball Arm-Leg Switch
- Lie down on your back with your legs straight on the floor, arms extended over your head, ball in your hands.
- Bring your legs straight up to the ceiling, as you reach your arms up, bringing your shoulders and back off the floor (crunch).
- Place the ball between your feet, returning to the start position, arms and legs extended.
- Raise your legs to the ceiling once again, as you bring your arms up, reach, and take ball in your hands.
- Lower your arms and legs back to the start position
You can do this for a 20 or 30 count. Each time your arms have the ball, is one rep. Or you can do as many as possible in 2 minutes, which is what we did. You will be surprised how hard this is and how quickly you feel your abs burn.